This bone box features an engraved octopus design, perfect for cephalopod lovers, or for coastal or nautical decor. Begun by sailors working on whaling ships out of New England, scrimshaw may be the only art form that originated in America. Our scrimshaw is created by engraving varying designs on ox bone. Perfect for holding jewelry and keepsakes. This is NOT a resin product.
– Antique reproduction handmade bone box
– Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable wood-composite base.
– Outside dimensions: 5-1/4" x 3-1/4" x 2"
– Inside dimensions: 4-1/4” x 2-1/4” x 1-1/2”
– Green felt-lined lift off lid and box interior