Begun by sailors working on whaling ships out of New England, scrimshaw may be the only art form that originated in America. Our scrimshaw is created by engraving varying designs on ox bone or ox horn. Perfect for holding jewelry, keys and keepsakes.
– Antique reproduction scrimshaw bone box 6-1/2" x 3-1/4" x 3-1/2"
– Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable wood-composite base.
– Slight ox bone color variations enhance the beauty and individuality of each box so that no two bone boxes are alike.
– Mermaid engraved on unique diamond-cut hinged lid
– Harbor Scene engraved on front side of box
– Antiqued brass hinges and lid latch, and green felt-lined interior