This beautiful teak wood writing chest is reminiscent of the kind a ship’s captain would have used in the early 1700’s, and includes all the necessary accessories: inkwell, ink powder, wood nib pen, paper, anchor wax seal (WAX NOT INCLUDED). This set would make a perfect gift for a history or nautical buff, or a pen-and-ink lover!
PLEASE NOTE: The wax is brittle and may come broken. We do not accept returns based on broken wax sticks. The wax is still usable even if the sticks are broken.
– Set includes: wooden writing chest, clear glass inkwell, black ink powder, wood nib ink pen, 3 sheets of 7-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ aged paper, anchor wax seal and (3) wax stick pieces
Writing Chest info:
– Made of mango wood, walnut stained and finished with beeswax
– Outside dimensions: 14-1/2″ x 8-1/”2 x 6″
– Interior tray outside: 13-1/4″ x 7-3/4″ x 3″. Center compartment: 6-3/4 x 7 x 2-1/4″. Left compartment: 6-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
– Interior tray can be removed to reveal a hidden document storage area: 13-1/4″ x 7-3/4″ x 3/4″
– Two compartments under lid are each: 6-1/2″ x 7-3/4″ x 1″
(NOTE: This is a distressed and antiqued (worn-aged) but NEW reproduction. Color and appearance variations are inherent in the manufacturing and enhance the distressed beauty and individuality of each box so that no two are exactly alike.)