This distressed antique vintage style Whaler’s Writing Chest is a throwback to a bygone era. Made of durable mango and teak wood, beautifully walnut stained and finished with beeswax, black iron lid handle, corner braces, decorative side medallions and lid latch. The chest measures 14″ x 9-1/2″ x 6-1/4″ and includes a removable 4-compartment tray and accessories (see below for details). Great storage for your own writing accessories. An outstanding, unique gift item or complement to similar decor.
Note: This is a distressed (worn-aged) but NEW, antique reproduction. Color and appearance variations are inherent in the manufacturing and enhance the distressed beauty and individuality of each box so that no two are exactly alike.
Note: Our inkwells are beautiful reproductions, but not meant for professional-quality ink storage. Inkwells are not airtight and may leak if tipped.
• Set includes:
– 14″ x 9-1/2″ x 6-1/4″ mango and teak wood chest
– 9″ scrimshaw ox bone whale letter opener
– 3-1/2″ brass whale paperweight
– 3″ diameter green swirl glass ink well
– ink powder with directions
– 15″ white quill with nib
– (3) sheets of 8-1/2″ x 11″ aged paper
• Removable, 4-compartment interior tray compartment sizes: 12″ x 4″ (back), 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ (front sides), 5″ x 3-1/8″ (front middle)
• With tray inserted, the space left at the bottom of the chest is 12″ x 8-1/2″ x 1″
• Walnut-stained and finished with beeswax
• Black iron lid handle, corner braces, decorative side medallions and lid latch