Our distressed teak wood writing lap box is similar to the style used in Early American times for both storage and travel. Lift the lid, and a lap desk/writing surface covered in black velvet is revealed. Both sides of the writing surface lift to store paper or supplies beneath. In fact, there are a total of six storage compartments for all of your stationery and writing supplies. A pull-out hidden drawer with ring pull is located on the side and slides into the base of the box. 3 sheets of aged paper, a wooden nib pen, a clear glass inkwell and a package of ink powder are included to complete this elegant set.
Makes for an outstanding, unique gift item or perfect for period home decor!
NOTE: This is a NEW, but distressed antique reproduction. Color and appearance variations and imperfections are inherent in the manufacturing and enhance the distressed beauty and individuality of each box so that no two are exactly alike. Each box is inspected carefully prior to shipping to ensure quality!
NOTE: Inkwells are not meant for professional-quality ink storage. Inkwells are not airtight and may leak if tipped.
• Set includes
– writing box
– clear glass inkwell
– wood nib pen
– black ink powder
– 3 sheets of aged paper (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″)
• Closed box: 12″ x 8-1/4″ x 5-3/4″
• Completely unfolded: 12″ x 16-3/4″
• Larger compartment beneath velvet: 10-1/4″ x 7-1/4″ x 1-3/4″ at top of slope and 1/2″ at bottom of slope
• Smaller compartment beneath velvet: 10-3/4″ x 5-3/4″ x 1-5/8″ at top of slope and 1″ at bottom of slope
• Drawer interior: 7-3/4″ x 4-1/2″ x 1/2″
• Made of teak wood