Our rustic, distressed teak wood chest opens into a small lap desk. The chalk board is on the top and bottom of the main lid, so it can be used when the chest is open or closed. Inside the box are four compartments. See below for dimensions. On the back of the box is a small wood block that can be rotated up or down, depending on whether you want the chalk board lid to stand up or lay flat when open. The box features rustic antiqued brass hinges. 2 pieces of chalk are included. A great gift for a history-loving child or child-at-heart!
• Outer dimensions: 11-1/2" x 8-1/4" x 3-1/2"
• Inner compartment dimensions:
– Large compartment- 9-3/4" x 5" x 1-3/4" (Comes with hinged lid, and dimensions given are the space available below the lid.)
– Small center compartment- 5-3/4" x 2-3/4" x 1-3/4" (Comes with removable lid, and dimensions given are the space available below the lid.)
– Small outside compartments- 1-3/4" x 2" x 2-1/2"
• Includes: 2 pieces of chalk
• Made of teak wood
• Antiqued brass hinges
(NOTE: This is a distressed (worn-aged), antique but NEW reproduction. Color and appearance variations are inherent in the manufacturing and enhance the distressed beauty and individuality of each box so that no two are exactly alike.)