Impress family and friends with this authentic-looking, 18th-century style porcelain reproduction tea cup with the time-tested, transfer printing process.
Our stunning and elegant Liberty Blue tea cup and saucer feature beautifully-dressed Colonial ladies and gentleman in an outdoor setting and striking geometric and floral borders. A gorgeous reproduction transferware set, perfect for the collector or tea lover.
• 18th-century transfer-printed porcelain
• Antique glazing process produces realistic coloring
• Historic colonial-style design; Holds 4 ounces
• 4" diameter cup; 5-3/4" diameter saucer
• Dishwasher and microwave safe
In the 18th Century the Chinese began to use transfer-printing patterns on porcelain. This process replaced patterns that were painted by hand, making transfer porcelain a more cost-effective process. Since every piece is created by hand, you often see lines that don’t meet, patterns that overlap, gaps on the borders, and color variations. The flaws are historically recreated and part of their charm.