This hand-blown, hard-to-find, dark green, thick antique glass onion bottle reproduction has a uniquely shaped easy carrying handle and was often used to carry rum, wine, brandy or vinegar. Glass onions were large hand-blown glass bottles used aboard sailing ships to hold wine or brandy. For increased stability on rough seas, the bottles were fashioned with a wide-bottom shape to prevent toppling, thus making the bottles look somewhat onion-shaped.
• 10" tall, thick, antique, hand-blown glass holds 78 oz of liquid
• Unique dark green color, 1" wide mouth opening
• 5-1/2" uniquely shaped easy carrying handle
• 4-1/2" wide-bottom to prevent tipovers
• Rich in color and character, each hand-blown bottle is a one-of-a-kind reproduction of those used in the 1800’s. It is common for hand-blown glass to have variations, including bubbles, different thickness and varying shapes. (Hand wash recommended.)