Functioning compass makes a great a home decor piece and addition to an office, den or library. Unlike most modern compasses, a Brunton-style compass utilizes magnetic induction damping rather than fluid to damp needle oscillation.
• 3" x 2-3/4" x 1-1/4"
• Sturdy, yet elegant solid polished brass housing
• Natural sine reference chart mounted to outside of housing
• Magnetic needle
• Graduated circle, azimuth or quadrant format
• Zero pin for setting magnetic declination
• Sighting arm
• Peep sight
• Bull’s eye (round) level
• Clinometer scale (degrees and gradient)
• Clinometer level
• Beautiful two-toned, solid polished wood 4-1/2" x 4" x 2-1/2"
• Inlaid polished brass diamond-shape accent on lid; rectangular accents on lid and box corners
• Felt-lined lid interior and box bottom