This unique compass is wrapped in genuine leather, ornately embossed, and inscribed with "A thousand mile journey begins with a single step," attributed to Lao-Tzu, a brilliant Chinese philosopher. The bottom features an inscription with a brief history and use of the compass. Great addition to any nautical decor, costume, Early American display or uniform.
• 2-3/4" in diameter x 2" high
• Embossed leather case with lift-off top design
• True North functional, magnetic compass behind glass with geographic cardinal directions and orienting lines
• Antiqued brass compass setting
• Origin of the compass and history inscribed on bottom