This 3" square bone box opens to reveal a 1-3/4" brass bound compass inlaid in white bone with black border trim. The lift-off lid is engraved with a ship. Perfect conversation piece, home decor or nautical enthusiast gift.
Begun by sailors working on whaling ships out of New England, scrimshaw may be the only art form that originated in America. Our scrimshaw is created by engraving varying designs on ox bone or ox horn.
• Compact size:3" x 3" x 1-1/8"
• Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable, sturdy wood-composite base.
• Antique scrimshaw reproduction 1763 Ship design bone compass box with lift off lid
• Features a working 1-3/4" brass bound compass inlaid in white bone
• Slight ox bone color variations enhance the beauty and individuality of each box so that no two bone boxes are alike.