Elegant reproduction of an authentic nautical brass, functioning pocket telescope with a 4-3/4" ox bone box engraved with a vintage schooner sailing ship will be the highlight of any room, nautical decor, or desktop anywhere.
The telescope is made of solid polished brass with "pipe" extensions, working focus ring and brass lens cap. Begun by sailors working on whaling ships out of New England, scrimshaw may be the only art form that originated in America. Our scrimshaw is created by engraving varying designs on ox bone or ox horn. Sealed with bone powder and epoxy, lacquer-coated and hand-polished. Perfect for holding jewelry, keys and keepsakes.
• 6-1/2" solid polished brass telescope body with 1-1/4" diameter lens barrel at widest point and brass lens cap
• 4-3/4" scrimshaw ox bone telescope storage box with lift-off lid and felt-lined interior and bottom; 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" x 2-3/4"
• Completely collapsed telescope size – 3-1/4"; 1 pipe extended length is 5"; 2 pipe extended length – 6-1/2".
• Genuine leather with vintage-style stitching wraps around main, largest pipe body of telescope
• Perfect addition to nautical room decor, teacher’s classroom, theater prop, field or maritime use, elegant office, den, library or accompanying other maritime decor