Begun by sailors working on whaling ships out of New England, scrimshaw may be the only art form that originated in America. Our scrimshaw is created by etching varying designs on ox bone. Perfect conversation piece, home decor or nautical enthusiast gift.
• Compact size :3" x 3" x 1-1/8"
• Features a working 1-3/4" brass bound compass inlaid in white bone
• Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable, sturdy wood-composite base.
• Hand polished to enhance the coloring and striations of the ox bone.
• Slight ox bone color variations enhance the beauty and individuality of each box so that no two bone boxes are alike.
• Sealed with bone powder and epoxy, lacquer-coated and hand-polished.